The Bakers

My photo
We specialize in custom designed cakes, cupcakes and cookies for your special occasion. Shoot us an email at deanacakes@gmail.com or Call us at 0198418224 KOTA KINABALU,SABAH,MALAYSIA

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cake Decorating Demo

I was invited to give a demo on cake decorating to new mothers in Likas Hospital sometime last year. I don't consider myself to be good at this but just to give something to them I agreed. Those moms have to stay in the hospital to look after their newborn babies who are either premature, has some complication etc etc. Some even have to stay up to a month. The hospital management tried to find some activities for the moms to join.


Simple decoration done by me

Quite a number of mothers, nurses and even doctors joint in the activities. I have baked three cakes for the demo. I decorated one of them. It only took me half an hour to do it as it's quite easy. Then I asked the nurses and the mother to divide into two groups. Both have to decorate their own cake. Took sometime for the nurses to catch up with the moms.

I am glad that all of them enjoyed the demo and I left the 3 cakes for them to savour.


Decorated by the moms

No comments: